Tuesday, May 4, 2010

treasure

A few weeks ago I went to the most gorgeous little town in Northern NSW called Bangalow, I fell in love instantly and cannot wait to go back there oneday, it's only 10minutes inland from Byron Bay and has great little shops to potter around in all day.

One particular shop had this timber box in it, I picked it up, opened the lid, touched the wood, smelt the timber, it has the most beautiful smell, that was it I HAD to have it, although it was completely out of my budget, I knew if I did not buy it I would regret it for ever, I even slept on it and bargained with myself that if it wasn't there the next day I wasn't meant to have it...well the next day it was still there, noone else had claimed my prize and it now sits pride of place on my sewing table with all my precious items in it.


2 comments:

Angel_a said...

Hi! Just found you after searching various "star" things. I love your sewing. Had to comment here, don't you just love Bangalow? If you haven't been to the markets there - you MUST go!Also..did you have a stall at the Brisbane Riverside markets about 8yrs ago or so selling denim based bags with a star applique?

Amanda said...

Hi Angel_a,
Thanks for your comment! We went to Bangalow on a Channon Market weekend, drove all the way there and they were cancelled because of a little bit of drizzly rain :(
Bangalow is just gorgeous and I'm hanging to head back there.
Nope not me at Riverside Markets, must of been someone else with great taste :p