Sunday, April 3, 2011

the van, so far....

I really must come up with a better name for 'the van' instead of calling her 'the van' all the time, maybe once we have finished making her perfect and have actually had a little holiday in her it will come to us. I've decided on Amy Butler's Lotus collection for jazzing her up a bit, luckily the original owners had the sense to use a nice blue fabric instead of the usual brown, yellow and green interiors you usually see in vans circa 1980. Lotus is great, it adds a retro feel without being too girly for the boys in the family. This is what I have done so far :) What do you think?

4 comments:

Mummybear2003 said...

Looks fantastic Amanda. Love your choice of fabric as usual.

Leah said...

Hi Amanda, Linked across from facebook, the van post caught my attention! Haven't checked your blog out for ages. It looks wonderful, the fabric is perfect. That is the exact layout we are after in a van change...change over from camper trailer to van change I mean! Do you mind me asking how much you paid for this one?? They are hard to find with a double bed and a bunk version that you don't have to convert every night! Your little star business is going so well and everything you make is so lovely.

Anonymous said...

It is going to look awesome Amanda, I am sure!

mummymadesigns said...

I haven''t checked out your blog in ages but ;van; looks fab espec with amy butler, why does you just called the van Lotus
Enjoy your travels