Sunday, December 13, 2009

2009 Advent Blog-A-Long - #13 I'm banning myself

I'm banning myself from sewing for the next few days, I have even gone as far as putting the electrical cord from my machine into the Husbands car so I can't be tempted, I have become somewhat addicted and nothing is getting done around here. Not a problem you say? Well this week we have to pack all our stuff up at my Mum & Dads and live in a caravan for two weeks then move back to our house in Coolum, I'm running out of time!

I started making this skirt at 4.10am this morning (see told you I was addicted) Sam woke up then and wouldn't go back to sleep so I sewed. I took this pattern of one of my sisters wrap skirts years ago and had never done anything with it. It turned out perfectly and I just love this Heather Bailey fabric, I didn't want to go and add different colour trim or anything like that just in case it didn't turn out, luckily it did! It's nice to be sewing for myself again, it's been a long long time.

No comments: